Friday, July 24, 2009

Going to visit my parents again

I'm flying out to visit my parents tomorrow (and luckily we had enough flier miles it's not costing me anything either). They were planning on coming out here today, but my dad got so sick from his chemotherapy last week that he had to be hospitalized. He was released from the hospital yesterday, but traveling so soon was still out of the question. They're starting hospice care for him so they can call someone if they need them, and my mom doesn't think he's going to be able to continue the chemotherapy since it made him so sick. I really felt I needed to go out there, so I talked to my store manager and got time off next week approved and I'll be spending a week with them and be back to work Monday, August 3rd. I'm really glad to be going out there.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I hope you have a good trip and that your dad starts feeling better now that he's out of the hospital. My prayers are with you!