Saturday, November 29, 2008

A First Entry

Well, I decided to give this blog thing a shot. After following Chelsea and Jessica's blogs for a while it looked like it could be fun. Not sure how often I'll post, this is going to be an anything blog, from crafty things I make to whatever I feel like sharing. Today, I am going to share some photos of some of the cards/projects I made at some stamping classes I went to in October.

This next one was one of my favorites, it was actually the very last make and take project I did on a very, very long Sunday. I was only required to be there from 9am-5pm, but there were make and take projects going on until 9pm. (It was at a hotel near the Portland airport and many of the attendees were staying at the hotel, I however, had to drive all the way back to the west side.) I told myself, okay, I'll stay a little bit longer to do the make and takes, maybe 7pm at the latest, and there I was finally walking out the door at 8:30pm, having to be back at 9am again the following morning. Who can turn down make and takes?












So this one above used the Dreamweaver embossing paste on a red velvet paper and two beautiful stencils by Dreamweaver. It was so easy, I just taped the stencils down over the paper so that the paper was totally covered and slathered the paste over them with a knife. I then carefully removed the stencils and sprinkled different colored glitter over the pastes. So easy, and so beautiful! I was impressed, and their display boards positively blew this out of the water. Unfortunately, I didn't think to bring my camera that day, and I don't think they were there the next day.













This was supposed to be part of a hanging Christmas display, although I never tied all of mine together for display. This one is pretty large for a card in my opinion, but it was the largest of the 5, and it was too tempting to turn the others into cards. The Season's Greetings was embossed in advance by the instructor due to time and electrical outlet constraints, but what I loved about this one was the Clearsnap Design Adhesives. Eight beautiful designs! The adhesive reminded me very much of Thermoweb PeelnStick adhesive sheets but precut into lovely designs for card making or scrapbooking. Given the size of them, I think they're probably better for scrapbooking, but some of the designs could potentially be cut down for use in cards. The only problem with these? There should be more than 8 designs!













Here are two more of the 5 card Christmas display I made in a Clearsnap class. I think the only real product of note in these was the Sparkle Fiber used atop the trees. It was a cute finishing touch, but I wasn't enthralled by it, glitter could have been used for a similar effect. The Sparkle Fibers are more dimensional of course, but that wasn't enough to make me fall in love with it.

I made a lot of other things that day that I would love to share, but seeing as how wordy I'm being about everything, I think I'll save them for another day.

I hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily, you have a blog! Woohoo! :) Love your cards! How fun to go to all those classes! I have never done anything like that before...
~Chelsea

Jessica said...

So glad you did it! I love your cards!! :)